Title: Food Innovation Council (FIC) Meetup in Kaunas, Lithuania Date & Time: Thursday 19 september 10-12 am Venue: Kaunas University of Technology, Santakos slenis, K. Barsausko str. 59, Kaunas (A228 auditorium at end of 2nd floor)
Registration: By invitation only: Contact Jolita Kausiuviene joka(a)pha.dk phone (0045) 7248 2716 Note: Participants from the FIC meeting are also invited to the afternoon event "Food Innovation in Lithuania - a Toolbox seminar for food SME". Learn more
The SBFOODINNO project has established The Food Innovation Council (FIC). It is constituted with a base of representatives from the project which holds a number of meetups round in the program region. Here invited representatives from the local & regional food sector and innovation actors get together for knowledge sharing and network build up.
- Setting the scene
Intro by Gitana Alencikiene, Senior Researcher, Food Institute at Kaunas University of Technology.
- The EU Interreg project South Baltic Food Innovation – activities and outcomes.
Intro by Michael Christiansen, Project Manager, University College Absalon.
- Food Innovation Policies in the South Baltic region.
Intro by Håkan Jönsson, Workpackage Leader, Lund University, and roundtable discussion on Lithuania.
- FROM THE TOOLBOX: The Food Innovation Stakeholders Landscape
Participants in groups try out a new model tool, developed in the project.
The tool enables different stakeholder perspectives to be described and visualized.
- Food Innovation in small and medium-sized enterprises (SME)
Presentation of cases and interviews performed in SMEs in the project region in parts of Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Poland, Lithuania.
By Jeannette Purhagen, Project Manager and Researcher at Lund University, Sweden
- Next step Lithuania: Info on upcoming project activities in the region
12 – 13 pm – lunch at “Profesorius slėnyje” (first floor)
1300 pm – 1630 pm: The event “Food Innovation in Lithuania – a Toolbox seminar for food SME“
Following organizations are invited
Alphabetical order, the list is constantly updated:
• Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology
• Institute of horticulture, Laboratory of Biochemistry and Technology at Lithuanian Research Centre for Agriculture and Forestry
• Enterprise Lithuania
• Kaunas Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Crafts
• Kaunas science and technology park (Kaunas business incubator)
• Kaunas University of Technology
• Klaipėda University
• Lithuanian Food Exporters Association – LitMEA/SMART Food cluster, LT
• Lithuanian Innovation Center, LT
• Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
• Lund University, SE
• Ministry of the Economy and Innovation of the Republic of Lithuania
• National Food Cluster, LT
• National Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center at Kaunas University of Technology
• Rietavas Tourism and Business Information Centre
• Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
• Telsiai county business incubator
• The Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Lithuania
• University College Absalon, DK
• Vytautas Magnus University